Tanduri Paneer Tikka In Stove Top Or Oven is a popular and delicious tandoori snack where paneer (Indian cottage cheese cubes) are marinated in a spiced yogurt-based marinade, arranged on skewers and grilled in the oven.
If you don’t have an oven, then instead of grilling in oven, you can make it on stovetop or tawa.
Make restaurant style Tanduri Paneer Tikka at home with this easy recipe!
Cubes of paneer, onion and bell peppers are marinated with spices and yogurt and then roasted in the oven to perfection.
Traditionally paneer tikka is grilled in a tandoor but you get the same amazing taste by broiling in the oven too!
What is Tanduri Panner Tikka
So what actually is Tanduri paneer tikka?????
It’s a famous Indian appetizer where pieces of paneer (Indian cottages cheese) and marinated with yogurt and spices and then grilled until charred.
Also check:Frankie With Aloo Tikki
Onion, bell peppers and tomatoes are also added to the marination along with paneer.
Once cooked, it’s served with cilantro mint chutney, onion slices and lemon wedges.
How to Make Tanduri Paneer Tikka
The process is pretty simple, you marinate the paneer with spices and yogurt, let it sit for a bit so that the flavors mix well together and then arrange the paneer cubes along with onion and peppers in a skewer and grill…
- 150 grams greek yogurt or thick yogurt (1/2 cup + 1-2 tablespoons)
- 1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
- 2 tablespoons mustard oil 30 ml, or use oil of choice
- 2 teaspoons coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon chaat masala
- 1 teaspoon kashmiri red chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili powder or adjust to taste
- 1 teaspoon kasuri methi crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1 lemon juice of
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint
- 300 grams paneer cut into big cubes, around 2 heaping cups of cubes paneer
- 1 large onion cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 large bell pepper cut into 1 inch cubes, I used mix of red and green peppers
firstly, take ½ cup thick curd / yogurt.
further add in all the spices along with salt.
mix till all the spices are combined well with curd.
now add ½ onion petals, ½ cubed capsicum (red & green) and 5 cubes paneer.
also add 1 tsp of oil.
mix gently till all the vegetables are coated well.
furthermore, to marinate, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
after marination, insert the marinated paneer, capsicum and onions into wooden skewers.
further, roast it on a hot tawa or grill in oven or tandoor.
finally, sprinkle some chaat masala and serve paneer tikka immediately.
- Make sure the paneer you are using is firm and not crumbly
- If substituting paprika with Kashmiri Chilli Powder, the colour may be slightly different but the flavour should be the same
- If the curds you are using are not thick enough, hang them in a muslin cloth for half an hour or so to remove whey and then use