Lockdown Special Boost To Immunity With These 5 Easy To Make Soup Recipes it never ceases to amaze me how, no matter what the circumstance, the Holy Spirit is aware and always provides. A couple of weeks ago, I had driven home from a rehab facility with my sister, who was recovering from surgery. Because of Covid-19 and the possibility of exposure at the Rehab facility, we both went on a 2-week quarantine. We had all kinds of food options available to enjoy, but my recovering sister basically wanted homemade soups! After having gone through zucchini, butternut squash, vegetable, chicken—I was running out of ideas, until . That’s it! And after pickiking lockdown lunch!
1. Oats Soup
Oats soup lockdown special is low in calories and will keep you satiated for a longer period of time, which in turn will keep those extra kilos at bay!
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup of water
- Salt as required
- 1 cup milk
- 1 green chilli
- 1 tsp refined oil
- A pinch of black pepper powder
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- Heat oil in a pan. Once it is hot enough, add chopped onion, green chilli to it and sauté till they turn golden brown.
- Add oats to the pan and roast for a couple of minutes.
- Next, add salt, water and black pepper powder and let it come to a boil.
- Add milk powder and let it continue to boil.
- Once it starts to thicken, turn off the flame and transfer to a serving bowl.
2. Baby Corn Soup
This baby corn lockdown special soup is perfect for the ones who are looking for a soothing delight.
- 1/2 cup baby corn
- 2 cups of water
- 1/2 tsp ginger paste
- 1/2 tsp garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp green chilies
- 1 tsp coriander leaves-finely chopped
- 1 tbsp finely chopped cabbage
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tbsp finely chopped capsicum
- 1/2 tsp soya sauce
- 1 tbsp chopped mushrooms
- 2 tbsp cornflour mixed with 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp oil
- Salt as required
- Heat oil in a pan and sauté ginger, garlic, coriander leaves and green chillies together.
- Next, add corns along with all veggies and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Sprinkle salt, black pepper and soya sauce and mix well. Add water and let it come to a boil.
- Once it starts to boil, reduce the flame and add the cornflour mixed with water and stir constantly till it thickens.
- Turn off the flame, transfer to a bowl and serve hot!
3. Moong Dal Shorba
Are you worried that you might gain weight amid lockdown? Start including moong dal shorba in your diet and put your worries at bay!
- 1/4 cup moong dal
- 1 medium onion
- 1/2 tbsp chopped ginger
- 1/2 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1/2 tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2-3 green chillies
- Coriander leaves to garnish
- A pinch of turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- Take a pan and add moong dal, chopped onion, ginger, green chilies, turmeric powder, salt, garlic and water. Let it boil.
- Once it starts to boil, simmer the flame and let it cook for around 15 minutes.
- Once dal becomes soft, put the mixture to a blender and blend until you get a smooth paste.
- In a separate pan, heat butter and add cumin seeds. Pour pureed dal to it and bring it to a boil.
- Squeeze half a lemon and garnish with coriander leaves before serving.
If you want to keep yourself safe from this coronavirus pandemic, then this Peanut Soup recipe is a must-try for you!
Also check:Indian Chutney Recipes
- 150 gm roasted peanuts
- 2 onion
- 2 cup veg stock
- 1 tsp lime juice
- Salt as required
- Black pepper powder as required
- 2 tsp peanut butter
- 1 handful coriander leaves
- 2 tbsp peanut oil
- 1/2 tsp lime zest
- 1/4 cup tomato puree
- Heat peanut oil in a pan. Once it is hot enough, add chopped onions and sauté for a couple of minutes.
- Next, add peanut butter, tomato puree, peanuts along with vegetable stock to it. Mix well and let it come to a boil.
- Once it starts to boil, reduce the flame and cook until it starts to thicken.
- When it is thickened, turn off the flame and transfer it into a blender jar and blend to form a smooth paste.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper powder, lime juice and lime zest on top of it and mix well.
- Transfer it into a serving bowl and serve hot!
It is a perfect soup recipe that can be enjoyed throughout the year. Made with yogurt cooked in several aromatic spices like turmeric, garam masala, cumin powder and red chili powder, this soup is not just filling but also prevent weight gaining. According to a study, if a person consumes yogurt instead of an unhealthy snack, it will help you cut down calories and burn belly fat.
- 1/2 cup refined oil
- ½ tsp ginger
- 2 cup yoghurt
- 1/2 tbsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- salt as required
- 2-3 jalapeno
- 3 cloves garlic
- red chilli powder as required
- 3-4 coriander leaves
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- Heat oil in a pan. Once it is hot enough, sauté minced ginger, garlic cloves and chopped jalapenos for a few seconds.
- Add yoghurt along with all the spices and let it cook for at least 3-4 minutes.
- Transfer it in a serving bowl and garnish with coriander leaves before serving.