How To Make Paneer Pulao Recipe 2020
Paneer Pulao is a healthy and delicious rice dish that can be made under 30 minutes and makes for a great lunch box option. Here is how to make it.
About This Recipe
Paneer Pulao is an absolute lip-smacking main course meal that is made by roasting large paneer cubes in ghee and then cooking them with rice.
Among the variety of dishes that can be made with rice, paneer pulao is the easiest rice recipe you can even try your hands on. It is a one-pot meal which is healthy, delicious, and easy to make.
The roasted paneer cubes coated with fluffy rice and flavored with a lot of aromatic spices are a heavenly combination to indulge ourselves in.
Paneer cubes roasted nicely in pure desi ghee not only adds to the nutritive value of the pulao but also enhances the overall look of the dish.
Adding some finely chopped vegetables of your choice makes the pulao a lot more delicious and healthier.
Make this delectable dish in your next get together party or for your office or for your kid’s lunch box and see how your loved ones would not stop thanking you enough for tantalizing their taste buds.
This pulao is,
- High in Protein
- Filled with the goodness of veggies
- Easy to make
- Apt for weekday meals
Rice – You can opt for Long Grain Basmati Rice to make this Pulao. They are very aromatic and turns out nice and fluffy.
Paneer – This is the key ingredient, that gives this Pulao a rich touch. Also, it is high in protein, so good to include it in everyday meals. You can make Paneer at home or even use the store-bought one.
Vegetables – Along with Paneer, you can also add some onions, carrot, and peas, just like I have added. You can add more vegetables of your choice to make it wholesome and nutritious.
Whole Spices – As we are not using any spice powders in this recipe, it gets its taste from whole spices such as cumin seeds, bay leaf, black pepper, cinnamon, green cardamom, and black cardamom.
Mint and Coriander Leaves – Along with a hint of freshness, it also adds a nice color to the Pulao.
Other Ingredients – We will also require oil, ghee, green chilies, ginger-garlic paste, salt, water, and garam masala powder.
How to make paneer pulao
1. In a small dry grinder or coffee grinder, Add all the spices for the pulao masala.
- ¼ teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 black cardamom – seeds removed and husks discarded
- 2 to 3 green cardamom – kept whole or seeds removed
- 2 to 3 cloves
- 1 inch cinnamon
- 1 single strand of mace
- A small piece of stone flower
2. Grind to a semi fine or to a fine powder. Keep aside.
3. Rinse the basmati rice till the water becomes clear of the starch. soaked the basmati rice in enough water for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes drain and keep the rice aside.
4. Crush the ginger, garlic and green chilli to a paste in a mortar pestle.
Making paneer pulao
5. Heat ghee in a pot or a pan. Add the bay leaf and saute for 2-3 seconds. then add the thinly sliced onions.
6. Saute till the onions start to turn golden brown or caramelize.
7. Then add the ginger, garlic and green chilli paste. Saute till the raw aroma of ginger garlic goes away. (on a low flame, it will take approx 10-15 seconds).
8. Add the chopped mint leaves and the ground pulao masala. Stir for 5-8 seconds.
Optional step – if you are adding peas, then add now and saute for 2-3 minutes.
9. Add the drained rice. Stir gently and saute for a minute.
10. Add water, lemon juice and salt.
11. Stir well.
12. Cover the pan tightly with a lid.
13. On a low to medium flame, simmer till the rice grains are cooked. If the water dries in the pan then add some more water. When the rice is cooking, chop the paneer/cottage cheese into cubes. heat ghee on a tawa or a frying pan. Use a non-stick pan or a well seasoned tawa/griddle to pan fry the paneer. Otherwise, the paneer cubes will stick to the pan. Add the paneer cubes and pan fry till light golden. Don’t over fry as then they will become dense and rubbery. Keep the pan fried paneer cubes aside.
14. Once the rice is cooked, just allow the rice to sit for 5 minutes. Add the pan fried paneer cubes and gently mix it with the rice. Cover the pan again with a lid and allow the paneer to be in the rice for another 5 minutes. This makes the paneer soft and it also absorbs the aroma of the pulao.
15. Serve paneer pulao hot garnished with some mint leaves and a fewpan-friedd paneer cubes. You can also serve paneer rice with a raita or dal fry or dal tadka.
Something Wrong Please Contact to Davsy Admin