How To Make Indian Milk Cake Kalakand Recipe is often made during festivals. Not only is it tasty, but it’s really fun to make, too. I love watching the milk turn into tiny granules during the preparation process.
It takes about an hour to make this cake, but the process is easy and the results are worth it.
- 3 litre milk, full cream milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp cardamom powder / elachi powder
- 2 tsp pistachios, chopped
- Grease a deep tray or steel bowl with ghee. This is for pouring the hot milk cake. Set aside.
- Mix the lemon juice with the water in a bowl. Set aside.
- Start heating the milk in a deep-bottomed pan, preferably a non-stick pan. Bring it to the boil. Don’t add water.
- Stir it often and scrape the sides to remove the milk solids that will begin to deposit on the sides. Continuous stirring is important to prevent burning on the bottom.
- After 30 seconds, start stirring once again. You will observe that the milk has turned into granules. After stirring for 5 minutes, add the sugar.
- Continue stirring till the mixture becomes thick and starts leaving the bottom. At this point, transfer it into the greased bowl or tray.
- Make the surface even by gently pressing with a spoon. Cover the bowl with aluminum foil to retain the inside heat. The mixture will continue cooking inside and will darken in color. Set aside for 5 hours or till heat reduces and becomes warm.
- While still warm, draw square lines on the top of the cake, and then cut deeper to make pieces. Take them out one by one.
- Mouthwatering milk cake or kalakand is ready! Eat and relish the taste.
Hope you like my information about How To Make Indian Milk Cake Kalakand Recipe.
Something Wrong Please Contact to Davsy Admin