HOW TO MAKE BEST CHOP SUEY RECIPE | APRIL2021|
Today we’ve got a direction for you that harkens back to the first days of Chinese immigration to the United States: dish.Chinese food in America has evolved abundant since then, to the purpose wherever dish itself seems like associate degree superannuated term. However, that doesn’t build it any less tasty!
WHAT IS CHOP SUEY?
Chop Suey is (杂碎, zásuì in Mandarin) which refers to “odds and ends” or miscellaneous leftovers. It’s a dish combining all those odds and ends into a stir-fry of meat and vegetables, coated in a very tasty sauce.
Ingredients (4 pax)
1) Boneless chicken 250 gm
2) Chicken Liver 100 gm
3) Garlic 2 tbsp
4) Onion 1 no
5) Sitaw (String Beans) 50 gm
6) Carrot 50 gm
7) Cabbage / Chinese Cabbage 50 gm
8) Celery 1 stalk
9) Oil 2 tbsp
10) Egg 1 no
11) Cornstarch 1 tbsp
12) Soya Sauce 2 tbsp
13) Oyster Sauce 1 tsp
14)Salt and Pepper To taste
1) Cut the boneless chicken in julienne; add in few drops of soya sauce, egg, salt, pepper and let stand for around 30 minutes. Wash, clean and keep cut chicken liverin two pieces.
2) Crush the garlic, thickly slice the onions, and cut carrots in roundels, sitaw (string
beans) and celery in 1-inch size and cabbage indices.
3) Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan and fry the marinated chicken, when done remove
and set aside.
4) In the same oil fry the garlic till nutty brown and then add in all the vegetables and
liver and sauté on high heat.
5) Add in the seasonings, the sauces and the prepared chicken and cook further till
Note: At times to impart better flavour, bacon is used instead of oil. In such case first, brown the bacon with the garlic and add in the vegetables and the liver. Fry the chicken separately and then mix it in.
Hope you liked the blog, i’ll be back before long with new recipes till then keep tuned.