GRILLED OR BAKED MURGH MALAI TIKKA?soft, juicy kababs on skewers that will simply melt in your mouth. Tender pieces of boneless chicken are marinated in a unique blend of yogurt, cream, cheese, papaya and spices and cooked on a grill or oven. Perfect for an outdoor barbecue or luncheon.
- 1 Pound Boneless Chicken (washed and cleaned)
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
FIRST SET OF INGREDIENTS
- 3 teaspoon Cashew Paste
- 1/4 teaspoon Green Cardamom powder
- 1 tablespoon Garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon Ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon Crushed green chilies
- 2 tablespoon Cornflour
- 1 teaspoon Cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon Red chili Powder
- 2 teaspoon Garam Masala Powder (optional) (or Curry Powder)
- Salt to taste
SECOND SET OF INGREDIENTS
- 1/4 cup Hung Curd (thick Market curd/yogurt)
- 1/4 cup Low fat Shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon Dried fenugreek leaves
- 1 tablespoon Chopped cilantro leaves
- 3 tablespoon Cream
- 2 tablespoon Oil
How To Make GRILLED OR BAKED MURGH MALAI TIKKA?
1.Clean, wash and cut chicken into cubes.
2. In a large bowl mix chicken with lemon juice and salt.
3. Mix it well. Let it marinade for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
4. Meanwhile, let’s assemble all the ingredients listed under ‘The first set of ingredients.’ Combine all the above ingredients in a bowl.
5. Assemble all the ingredients listed under ‘second set of ingredients.’ If cilantro, green chilies or garam masala aren’t your favorites, then feel free to leave them out. Your tikkas will still turn out good. Combine both the ingredients (the first set of ingredients + the second ingredients) in a large bowl.
6. Mix it well. Do the taste test.
7. Add chicken.
8. Rub this marinade onto the chicken. Marinade chicken in this mix for 5-6 hours or overnight.
9. Preheat oven @400 degree F. Remove chicken from the fridge and thread the pieces onto the skewers. Evenly divide the pieces between 6 skewers.
10. Cook for 25-30 minutes turning them once in between, until cooked through.
11. Transfer the skewers to a platter and serve hot.