Guysssss!!!!!!! you gotta try this layer Easy Mango Cake Recipe . I am happy to share one of my favorite summer cake recipe with you today which is a dream of every mango lover. This moist and spongy mango cake is layered with homemade easy mango pudding for a great fruity punch and further layered with this creamy dreamy whipped cream cheese frosting.Moreover this mango cake recipe is egg free , has no butter or condensed milk
For the Easy Sponge Cake:
- 6 large eggs room temp
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
For the Mango Cake Filling/ Topping:
- 1 lb fresh mangos (2 medium) peeled and thinly sliced into strips
- 1 lb fresh mangos (2 medium) 1 1/2 cups puréed
- 1 to 4 Tbsp sugar if needed
For the Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 16 oz cream cheese 2 packages, softened
- 1 cup unsalted butter (16 Tbsp), softened
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
Prep: Pre-heat oven to 350˚F. Line the bottoms of two 9″ cake pans with parchment (do not grease).
3. Run a knife or thin spatula around edges to loosen and invert onto wire rack. Peel back parchment paper right away and let cakes cool right-side-up to room temp before cutting them in half.
How to Make Cream Cheese Frosting:
1. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with whisk attachment, combine 16 oz cream cheese, 1 cup butter, 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar and 2 tsp vanilla. Beat on low to combine then increase to high and beat 5-6 mins, scraping down the bowl as needed. Frosting should be whipped, soft and spreadable. Transfer 1 cup frosting to piping bag fitted with large open star tip and refrigerate until ready to use for the topping.
How to Cut Mango:
1. A mango has one long, flat seed in the center of the fruit that goes from stem to nose. Slice off the sides around the seeds of all 4 whole mangos resulting in 8 halves. Set aside 4 halves – you will need them to decorate the top. Dice remaining 4 halves and scoop them out of their skin then transfer these to a blender and process until puréed. Taste the mango purée and add sugar to taste if needed.
How to Assemble the Mango Cake:
1. Place the first sliced cake layer on a platter and spread with 1/2 cup mango purée. On the second cake layer, spread 1/2 cup frosting and place it frosting-side-down on the first layer so the cream and mango are hugging. Repeat with remaining layers then cover top and sides with remaining frosting. Pipe reserved frosting around the top border of your cake.
Also check:How To Make Manchurian Recipe
2. Peel and thinly slice 4 reserved mango halves, cutting some strips long way and some wide. Layer mango slices in rings around the cake, starting with the longest pieces and overlapping each piece slightly until only a 1/2″ space is left in the center. Roll a long thin strip of mango into a coil and place it in the center. Cake can be served right away or refrigerated 2 hours for easier slicing. It keeps well covered and refrigerated up to 3 days.