Who’s doesn’t love Chaat?Dahi Papdi Chaat or Papri Chaat is a yummy snack assorted with crunchy base of crispy poori which is topped with lip-smacking chutneys, veggies and curd. Here is how to make Papdi Chaat Recipe at Home.
Also check:Top 5 Indian Breakfast For Kinds
Dahi Papdi Chaat or Papri Chaat
- 24 to 30 papdis – crisp fried or baked flour crackers
- 2 to 3 medium sized potatoes
- ½ cup boiled sprouted moong beans or ¾ cup boiled chickpeas
- 1 small sized onion, finely chopped
- 1 small sized tomato, finely chopped
- ¾ to 1 cup fresh curd (yogurt)
- red chili powder – as required
- chaat masala -as required
- roasted cumin powder – as required
- sugar as required
- sev (fried gram flour vermicelli) – as required
- a few chopped coriander leaves
- salt or black salt as required
For the Chutney
- 1 cup chopped fresh coriander leaves
- ½ inch ginger, chopped
- 1 green chili, chopped
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice (optional)
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- black salt or rock salt or sea salt as required
preparation for dahi papdi chaat
First boil or steam the potatoes till they are completely cooked.
Peel them and then you can chop them or just crumble them lightly.
Steam or cook the sprouted moong beans with some salt. Drain and keep aside.
Stir sugar in yogurt and mix well.
Finely chop the onion, tomato and coriander leaves.
Keep all the spice powders and salt ready.
preparing the green coriander chutney
With little water blend or grind all the chutney ingredients in a blender or chutney grinder or magic bullet till smooth.
Check the seasoning and add more salt or lemon juice if required.
Keep the the coriander chutney aside.
How to make Dahi Papdi Chaat Step By Step
1. Arrange the papdi in a plate in a single layer.
2. Whisk curd with sugar and pour it over the papdi.
3. Add potato, black chickpeas and onion on top.
4. Drizzle coriander and mint chutney and Tamarind chutney on top.
5. Sprinkle salt, red chilli powder, roasted cumin powder, chaat masala, fresh coriander and nylon sev on top.
6. Garnish with pomegranate seeds.