Chocolate Chips Coffee Ice-Cream Recipe is deliciously vanilla-y, coffee-y and chip-y this ice cream is. It’s like a frappe in ice cream form.
I set realistic goals, no? It’s not like it’s hard to make it. Not like giving up ice cream would be… yeah, that’s so not ever going to happen. Ice cream is my utter weakness. If I had to pick a favorite… it would be mint chocolate chip orrr plain chocolate. I put down many-o-cups in my lifetime and to be frank… I’m sort of an ice cream snob. Maybe I should say I was a snob because I truly do love trying new ice cream flavors, but I always seem to go back to the simple and classic ones.
Soooo with that being said… I combined my favorite beverage in the whole wide world (coffee) with cute tiny chips of chocolate in a simple ice cream base. I then waited patiently for it to freeze and then waited even more for it to soften so I could scoop it out… all so I could happily spooned it right on into my face in 2.2 seconds, which I think is a record.
Ingredients for making chocolate chips coffee ice-cream recipe
- ½ cup condensed milk or 125 ml condensed milk
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- ⅓ cup tightly packed brown sugar – can use regular sugar also
- 2 cups cream (25% to 50% fat) or 500 ml cream
- ¼ cup chocolate chips – can use sweet, semi sweet or white chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon chocolate chips for placing on top – optional
1. First take all the ingredients and keep them ready- 2 cups cream (25% to 50% fat), 3 tablespoons milk, 3 tablespoons cocoa powder, ½ cup condensed milk and ⅓ cup tightly packed brown sugar. You can also use regular sugar or half-half of both regular sugar or brown sugar.
2. Take milk in a pan or in mixing bowl and keep it on the stovetop. Heat the milk. No need to boil.
3. Place the pan or bowl down. Add cocoa powder.
4. Whisk till all the cocoa powder dissolves in the milk.
5. Now add condensed milk.
6. Again mix very well.
7. Next add brown sugar.
8. Mix again till the sugar has dissolved. If the sugar has not dissolved, then heat this mixture lightly on a low flame and stir continuously till all the sugar dissolves. Or you can add sugar first and then add condensed milk. Keep this mixture aside. Let this chocolate mixture cool at room temperature.
9. Take chilled cream in a stand mixer and begin to whip it on high speed, till stiff peaks. You can also use an electric beater to whip.
10. Whip till you get stiff peaks. The cream will increase in volume and when you turn the bowl down, the cream should not fall. Or when you take the whipped cream in a spatula or spoon and turn it down, the cream won’t fall.
11. Then add the chocolate mixture.
12. Now gently and with light hands, fold the chocolate mixture in the whipped cream. Do not mix, but fold it.
13. The cream should not loose its peaks or volume and fall flat. So fold gently and slowly.
14. Add chocolate chips. fold in the chocolate chips.
15. Now add the ice cream mixture in a container or box.
16. You can decorate with some choco chips if you want. Close the lid tightly and keep the container or box in the freezer. Freeze for 8 to 9 hours or overnight or till the ice cream is set.
17. Before serving, remove the box from the freezer and let it sit at room temperature for a few minutes.
Also check:TOP 13 HOMEMADE ICE-CREAM
18. Then scoop out ice cream with an ice cream scooper. If you are not able to scoop the ice cream easily, then let the ice cream be at room temperature for 5 to 6 minutes. If it is too hot where you live, then a couple of minutes is fine.
19. Serve choco chip ice cream in bowls or cups. you can also drizzle some chocolate sauce on the choco chips ice cream if you want.