5 Most Tasty Jackfruit Recipes-Yummy Jacky
You will surely want to grab some jackfruit on your next grocery.
Jackfruit is an exotic fruit grown in tropical regions of the planet . It is native to South India.
It is a part of the Moraceae family , which also includes fig, mulberry and breadfruit. Jackfruit features a spiky outer skin and is green or yellow in color.
One unique aspect of jackfruit is its unusually huge size. It is the most important tree fruit within the world and may reach up to 80 pounds (35 kg) in weight.
Jackfruit has a subtle sweet and fruity flavor. It has been said to taste almost like a mixture of fruits, including apples, pineapples, mangoes and bananas.
Vegans and vegetarians often use this fruit as a meat substitute thanks to its texture, which is like shredded meat.
Since jackfruit is able to withstand tropical climates, it can be a major source of calories and carbs for people in developing countries who are at risk of starvation.
Although jackfruit is grown in tropical areas, it’s becoming more widely available in other parts of the planet , including the US. It is in season during the summer.
The most commonly consumed a part of jackfruit is that the flesh, or fruit pods, which are edible both when ripe and unripe. It can be used in sweet and savory dishes, including desserts and curries. The seeds are also safe to eat.
Jackfruit chips ( 5 most tasty jackfruit recipes-Yummy Jacky)
- 1 whole raw, firm-fleshed jackfruit
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- salt to taste
- 3 tbs water
- vegetable oil, enough for deep frying
- If using fresh jackfruit, it’s an honest idea to grease your knife and hands first before cutting, because the fruit has sticky latex in it.
- First cut the fruit into half and take away the central core from it.
- Pull out the flesh bulbs from the rag and take away the seeds from it.
- Cut the fruit into thin wedges; confirm to chop all the fruits evenly for better frying.
- Combine the turmeric powder, salt and water during a small bowl and keep aside.
- Heat a deep fryer or a frypan in medium-high, add enough oil for frying, wait till the oil is heated through, add the cut fruits and fry it stirring constantly.
- While frying, add about 1/2 tsp of turmeric, water, and salt mix and provides it a stir.
- When adding the turmeric mix, step back because the oil will intumesce making a small sound; don’t panic, it’ll calm down soon.
- Fry until the chips turn golden brown and transfer it to a platter with towel thereon .
- Cool, then serve immediately. Enjoy!
Jackfruit sabzi (Chakka Thoran) 5 most tasty jackfruit recipes-Yummy Jacky
- Un ripened raw Jackfruit 1
- Fresh grated Coconut 5 table spoons
- Garlic pods 5
- Red chillies 4
- Cumin seeds 1 Tea spoon
- Turmeric powder 1/2 tea spoon
- Salt to taste
- Coconut oil 3 table spoons
- Mustard seeds and urad dal for seasoning
- Red chillies 2
- Curry leaves few
- Remove the stem on the highest and cut the jack fruit into quarters.
- Take a knife to remove the skin and chop them into big cubes.
- Heat a pan with generous amount of water and add the chopped pieces thereto with required salt and turmeric powder.
- While they get boiled during a blender jar add grated coconut, cumin seeds, red chillies, garlic and coarsely powder them. Keep aside.
- Boil the jackfruit pieces till it get soft. Drain the water out and hold the pieces during a bowl.
- Keep aside once they are cooled down roughly shred them with hand or a pounder. .
- Heat a pan with coconut oil. Add mustard seeds, urad dal, red chillies, and wait till they splutter and dal becomes brown.
- Add the curry leaves and transfer the shredded jack-fruit pieces to the pan.
- Mix well and add the coconut mix thereto and stir gently.
Jackfruit Seed Milk shake (5 most tasty jackfruit recipes-Yummy Jacky)
- Peeled and boiled jackfruit seed(Chakkakuru) – 10
- Sugar – 3 tbsp
- Milk – 500ml
- Condensed milk – 1/2 cup
- Ice cream – 3 scoops
- Vanilla essence – few drops
- First Blend the boiled seed to a fine paste with 1 cup milk.
- Then add condensed milk, sugar and vanilla essence and beat well.
- Chill the shake for sometime .
- Serve with Ice Cream topping.
Jackfruit curry (Chakka Puzhuku) (5 most tasty jackfruit recipes-Yummy Jacky)
- Unripened jackfruit, chopped – 1 kg
- Jackfruit seeds – 10 nos
- Grated coconut- 2 cups
- Coconut oil – 3 tbsp
- To crush using pestle and mortar
- Turmeric powder- 1/2 tsp
- Green chilli- 5 nos
- Garlic cloves- 4 nos
- Shallots/Kunjulli- 4 nos
- Cumin seeds- a pinch
- Curry leaves
- Cut raw jackfruit into pieces. Clean and cut jackfruit seeds in to 2 pieces also . In a autoclave , add jackfruit and jackfruit seeds along side 2 cups of water, salt and turmeric powder.
- Cook for 1-2 whistles. Once boiled, add the crushed ingredients with 2 cups of grated coconut to the cooked jackfruit.
- Keep it on flame for 2-3 minutes. Now add coconut oil and curry leaves.
- Switch off the stove. Serve hot.
Jackfruit Icecream (5 most tasty jackfruit recipes-Yummy Jacky)
- Cream – 2 cups
- Jack Fruit – 1/2 cup + 4 tblsp chopped
- Sugar -1/4 cup
- Sweetened Condensed Milk – 1/2 cup
- Take jack fruit and 1/4 cup sugar during a blender and puree till smooth.
- Take cream and whisk till thick.
- Add in milk and jackfruit pulp and blend well.
- Add within the chopped jackfruit and pour it into freezer safe containers.
- Now freeze overnight.
- Scoop and serve.